Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Eurovision 2018: Cesár Sampson - Austria

Cesár Sampson to represent Austria in ESC 2018
Cesár Sampson to represent Austria in ESC 2018

The Eurovision fever is getting hotter than ever, the fourth country that announced their participants for Eurovision Song Contest 2018 is Austria. Called by some as a perfect package, that's Cesár Sampson for you, as he was chosen as the official representative of Austria in the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal. 

Just like what we had with Nathan Trent last year, ORF opted for an internal selection for Austria's representative this year. It seems that Austria is eager for another win after they grand slam victory with Conchita Wurst way back in 2014. This time, they opted for Cesár Sampson who is not a newbie in Eurovision and in Austria's music scene. He was a part of Bulgarian team in 2016 and 2017 that finished fourth and second respectively. Yes, Cesár is a member of Symphonix International, a Vienna-based collective of producers that helped Bulgaria achieved a better results in the last 2 years. 

Cesar Sampson with the Bulgarian team on ESC 2017
The Bulgarian delegates at Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kiev, Ukraine.

He also tour the world as the lead singer for several alternative music acts of Austria such as Kruder & Dorfmeister, Sofa Surfers, Louie Austen. He is also a songwriter, lyricist, and a vocal producer.

Austria's Cesár Sampson

"I initially came in contact with music through rhythm and dance. Both came to me very naturally, and I thought of myself as a percussionist long before I was a professional vocalist. To this day I start my songwriting process by singing rhythmical gibberish, getting the groove and vibration of it all right, until suddenly actual words flow in," said Cesár. 
"When I turned twenty, I reached a point where I felt I wanted to be more than just a musician, I needed a deeper motivation. So I centered the following years around social work as a physical therapist, and in particular, working with people with disabilities and handicaps. After that I came back to music with a totally different approach to it all," he explained. "My voice is the most developed instrument I own, it is the result of a long journey. While I did start off with a fairly good instrument, I really didn't understand it, it was just kind of there. I feel, to sing with the awareness and experience I have today, makes a world of difference."  (via: eurovision.tv)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *